Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Opera House

On Tuesday arvo I boarded the slowest train in the Western world (Ol Red - Sydney) as Annie and I had tickets to see Regina Spektor at the Opera House.
When I finally got there, hours later.. we had a pub dinner at Circular Quay and then wandered off in the crisp beautiful evening to the Opera House. The moon was almost full and the harbour beautiful!
The concert hall turned out to be really intimate. We sat close to the stage and the sound was great and the voices and musical talents of Jupiter One and Regina Spektor were just breathtaking. It's amazing that there are so many artists out there that can hardly sing live that are hugely famous and then there are artists like these that are not as huge but should be!! Still very, very popular though. She had the audience spellbound.

In the intermission we sipped champagne on the terrasse and gazed at the bridge, lunar park and the moonlit water. Aaahh, what a night!

Even better when you get to have a night off being a mum. But early in the morning I had to hop on that miserable (but the scenery is beautiful, especially around the Hawkesbury) train again back to Ol Red.

I guess if every night was a good as that one I just wouldn't appreciate them that much. That's why I am thankful for nights at home watching bad teve. : )

No comments: